"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Monday, July 8, 2013

What am I eating?

Wondering what the food is like in Ghana?  It really depends on where you are and what your accommodations are.  Here, we live in a small village without a lot of access to meats.  So at night we usually have stew with tomatoes, garden egg (kind of like tiny eggplants), okra, peppers, and sometimes dried fish (it kind of tastes like canned tuna fish).  For lunch we have white rice with spicy pepper sauce over the top, and for breakfast a slice of bread with hot tea.  On the weekends I usually get an omlette made with peppers and onions, and sometimes at night I even get a fresh boiled egg from the chicken coop.  Ghanaian food can be a bit difficult to get used to, but you can always hop into town and pay 8 cedi ($4 USD) for some Pringles if you are really missing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment