Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Care Packages from Home
There are few things more wonderful than the children here, but a close second is care packages from home. I got my first one last week and you'd think it was Christmas the way I acted! In it was, dried fruit (Yum!!! a special treat that I really love), Nutella (hard to live without - every day I have a small bit with my bread), peanut M&M's, and some flavor packages for my water. The instant the package came, my sunglasses disappeared into the depths of the boys' dormitory, but even I must admit that the boys look quite fashionable in my giraffe print Polo shades. It made for a fun day for everyone. The kids tried the M&Ms for the first time and found them very sweet! There are few things quite that sweet here in Ghana that the kids get to eat. If you are ever interested in sending treat, school supplies, clothes, or other happy surprises you think the kids would like you are always welcome! Just comment that you'd like to and I'll be sure to get you the mailing address.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment