"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Vacation!!!

Tomorrow is our last day of school.  It is quite exciting on some levels because it means that I get a bit of a break from teaching and the kids get a much needed break from learning.  We are on break until September 5th.  Normally, at home I'd be planning trips to the beach, picnics, BBQs, and which baseball games we'd be seeing.  Here instead I'm thinking of what we can do to keep 40 or so children busy over the next few months.  Here's what I have so far...suggestions welcome!  Remember: Resources at times can be a bit scarce here in rural Africa so things with fewer supplies needed the better.  

  • Nature Scavenger Hunt
  • A search for buried treasure with map
  • Gardening
  • Balloon Rockets
  • Manhunt/hide and seek
  • A sleepover/movie night
  • A puppet show
  • Creating a music video
  • Creating our very own news station
  • Making a fort
  • Water balloon fights
  • Capture the flag
  • An egg drop (you try to make something to put an egg in so that when you drop it from high it won't break)

No comments:

Post a Comment