"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Morning Tea


A lot of people have been asking me – “Is it hot there?”  Well, the short answer is yes!  We are about 6 degrees north latitude of the equator.  It’s often hot (for New York standards) and very muggy.  On my first morning a cup was brought to my room by one of the kids with piping hot liquid.  “What in the world is this?” I found myself thinking.  It was tea!  Hot tea!  Here I was sweating from head to toe with a cup of hot tea in front of me.  I thought, “weird, but why not?”  I’ll give it a try.  It can’t hurt to see what a morning routine of drinking tea would be like.  I’m not sure if drinking tea in the morning is left over from colonial times, but quite frankly it’s kind of a genius thing.  I have no idea why I enjoy drinking it when it’s sweltering hot and the tea is nearly boiling, but it’s something that can be relied upon, it’s relaxing, and it’s a peaceful time in the morning for me to write, read, sip my tea, and get ready for a day of fun and energy with 100 children.  I like it so much, that it might just become my morning routine forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment