Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Monday, July 29, 2013
Eating Out In Africa
Listen up everyone! Don't let this post scare you about eating out in Africa. I've actually very rarely gotten sick from eating food here. So this past week our favorite chop bar in town was all out of everything except banku...let's just say I had had my fill of banku for the time being. So we headed off to a chop bar. If you are picturing a restaurant from home - erase that from your mind. It's more of a wooden shack like structure. Anyways, we ended up ordering Indomie and rice and truthfully it wasn't half bad. Indomie is just like ramen noodles, and we all know those are right up my alley!!!! Just when we were enjoying a HUGE rat ran by. Thankfully, he decided our dinner wasn't worth sharing and kept moving. I had to laugh he was actually pretty cute, but my fellow travelers weren't as impressed. I can't blame them, he didn't really invite himself in the most pleasant way. Know this, eating out in rural Ghana will be different than at home, but you can't beat the price - dinner for just GHS 3 (the equivalent to $1.50 USD). In case you are wondering...I didn't get sick from my dinner. I ate it all and felt fine the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment