"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Exam Time

So this week at Happy Kids is the end of the 3rd term of school and exam weeks.  We start tomorrow and exams end next Wednesday with Friday being the last day of the term. Honestly, I think I am more nervous than the kids are about the exams.  We've been studying a bit at night the subjects they find more difficult - for most of them this is Math (or as we call it here Maths).  Thankfully, math is something I am good at and no one is really struggling with the Ghanaian Language class because I'd be zero help on that one!  My limited Ewe skills are still quite limited a month and a half into the trip.  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting the country director for Cross Cultural Solutions - Tanzania.  We had a very nice talk and I really appreciated her warmth and affection during her visit to our school.  Overall, it has been and should be, a good week here at the school and orphanage!

No comments:

Post a Comment