"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Monday, March 7, 2011

131 Days Until Departure - Photo Biography

My husband and I were beginning to discuss plans for my departure to Ghana.  I was completely taken aback by how much I need to get done before I leave.  I have to give the credit to my husband on this great idea. 

Consider this tip #1 for traveling abroad, especially for doing volunteer work with youth: Bring along a photo-biography of yourself.  In areas where you may not speak the primary language visual or sight cues can help the discussion along!  When a child says what is ...  like in your country, you can show them!  It's a great way to share your life story!

I'm starting my photo-biography this week and plan to keep adding to it as I go.  I don't want to forget significant things in the collection of photos that will tell my life story.  Things even as simple as the change in seasons can't be overlooked!  Let me know what you think is important for me to include to tell the story of my life, life in the United States, and life in upstate New York?

WHAT ARE THE TOP 2 THINGS YOU THINK I SHOULD INCLUDE IN MY PHOTO-BIOGRAPHY?

5 comments:

  1. It's actually hard to narrow this down to 2 things, but I would include a pic of your family, dog, house, school... that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Theresa! I can't wait to read about your trip! I'd include pic's from your childhood, school, family, friends, GS, volunteer stuff, Bubbles, and Gardening.

    I work with a couple of family's from Ghana, they are very sweet :)

    You are an amazing person <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and doggy, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much info about yourself and your family as you can. Don't forget to make a page about your best friend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well since everyone else has mentioned all the good ones. How about pictures of snow and christmas? Both I imagine are very different from what they have in Ghana and are very difficult to explain.

    ReplyDelete