The most nerve wracking part of this trip thus far has been trying to secure flights. I thought that the most stressful part would be boarding the flights, but I'm starting to wonder if it's actually booking the flights that's the most stressful. In order to arrive on time on July 16th for my departure date, I will have to leave Albany International Airport on Friday July 15th. The entire trip will consist of at least 12 hours of flying, and anywhere from 4 to 11 hours of layover.
It looks like the trip there will be uneventful with a quick 1 and a 1/2 hour flight to Washington Dulles Airport, a layover long enough to enjoy a bit of the city if I'm brave enough to leave without worrying about missing my next flight, and an 11 hour flight to Accra, Ghana. It's the flight home that's quite exciting.
Departing Accra on Saturday August 20th late in the evening and arriving the next morning in Frankfurt, DE. Then off to Chicago O'Hare Airport and finally landing in Albany International just in time for dinner! How peculiar, I thought, that I would fly into the East Coast just to fly to the Midwest and back to the East Coast. Imagine if I had not thought more about this. Frankfurt, DE...DE...not Delaware! Germany!! Imagine my surprise if I had thought I was landing in Delaware when in fact I had landed in Germany! My layover will not be long enough to enjoy Germany, but none the less I can add it to the countries I'll be traveling through while away, and surely there will be enough time to grab a magnet at the airport gift shop!
For the record...as far as I can tell, there is no Frankfurt, Delaware, but there is a Frankford, Delaware. I'm sure it's a wonderful place, but I'm also quite certain there is not a major international airport there!

Too bad you won't have a lot of time in Germany. That would be so cool! I'm so excited for you, but so nervous! lol. I hope everything goes well!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou will have to take pictures in Germany, my birth land for me. Although I imagine you won't get a chance to get outside the terminals. Wave to the folks in my first home town when you pass over.
ReplyDelete