Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Will Someone Be Missing You? - 2 Days Until Departue
When you travel abroad will there be someone at home who will be missing you? I have family and friends here and most will keep up with me on Facebook or my blog - Love you guys!! Shout out! I found though, one good way to be in touch especially if you won't have much access to the Internet in a developing country is to write notes. Write one for every week (or day if you're really motivated) you'll be gone and find a fun way to leave them for the person who will be missing you. This time I just taped a note for each week to the back of the front door. Other times I've hidden them around them house with a clue in each one to where the next note can be found the following week. Be creative about what's in the notes. Sometimes it can be hard to think of what to write ahead of time but you could include, notes, pictures, recipes, quotes and more! Don't forget to leave birthday and holiday cards and gifts too if you'll be missing someone's special occasion. These small gestures can often make family that is waiting for you at home feel very special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are so awesome!!! i feel so lucky to know someone as special as you! can't wait to live vicariously through you over the next six months!
ReplyDelete