Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Monday, May 13, 2013
Sometimes I Wonder! - 17 Days Until Departure
Ok, so sometimes I wonder...is anyone out there?? There's rarely a comment posted on this blog, and sometimes I wonder if it's worth keeping. Then I realize, someone must be out there! It's had almost 2,000 page views since the blog started, and 200 of those were just this week! The blog this week reached more than 10 countries, one of which was Slovakia - cool! Hey there Slovakia! And, I noticed today that much of the traffic for my blog was being linked from an international news website - Whoa there! Who knew I had news to share. Anyways, a lot of these posts pre-departure are preparation ideas and ruminations, but the real fun starts in just over two weeks. Until next time world, thanks for tuning in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm here! :D I have an idea I i'll put out there that I thought you might be interested in: The Times Union Newspaper hosts blogs on their website and I don't think that they have an international type blog yet. I'm sure the capital district would love to hear about your experience in Africa! You should check it out: http://www.timesunion.com/blogs/ and there's a link to email the "interactive audience manager" Michael Huber who you could ask if you could have this blog on their website.
ReplyDelete