"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Friday, August 17, 2012

Poverty Challenge - A Woman Thing?

So... When we first started the challenge it seemed like Michael's first thought was how much food can I buy for $1.50? Mine on the other hand was... Do you think I'll gain weight from eating a lot of starches or lose weight from eating less? I realize that my figure and looks are almost always on my mind. This challenge has been a good time for me to reflect on not just poverty but also what it means to be a woman. It's a chance for me to question the pressures that i put on myself. In any case if anyone is wondering... It's day 5 and I've lost 6 pounds so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment