Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Friday, August 17, 2012
Poverty Challenge - Coping Through Food
Are you one of those people, like me, who uses food to soothe? So I've realized before that I use food to cope with life's challenges, and today it's put to the test! My car has been into the dealer for repair 4 times now for the same problem. Each time they charge me a fairly significant amount, and each time I come away with a car that no longer run after less than a week. Essentially, I have a $20,000 paperweight with only 60,000 miles on it and not even GM is able to help. Today...it broke down again. More than anything, I want a cupcake and a soda to make me feel better! I decided to stick this through though, and what sense would it make to give up on the Poverty Challenge just because I am upset about something else. Tonight...I learn to cope and soothe myself with something other than food...not sure what yet...suggestions????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As you know-I struggle with this too! I find running, or any exercise helps with frustration. But, since you are underfed at the moment, maybe a light walk or a swim could help. :) Venting/Screaming to someone might help too-or hatching a revenge plot against the repair shop might help! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteA little late, but a nice bath?
ReplyDelete