It's day 3 of the poverty challenge. I will have a balance of $1.60 at the end of today to go foraging at the grocery store for some additions to the pantry. I still have a lot of rice left and a good amount of split peas (had a near miss when I burned the pot of split peas last night, but scraped off the parts that were still good). I think they'll last me the rest of the week, so I am hoping to buy a piece of fruit tonight. To think of a grapefruit as an investment is a new experience for me, but I'm really looking forward to it. I could cut it in half and have it for two whole days! - My mouth is already watering!
So far I've already been craving: Donuts, Chips, Blue Cheese, Olives, and...Pickles. Weird, I know! Still going strong! Most people only make it about 1 week on the Poverty Challenge otherwise known as the Live Below the Line Challenge. So far I'm more than halfway to their goal, but I want to make it longer. Please help keep my spirits up by donating to my chosen charity! Link below...
http://casp.bellstrike.com/members/theresa-taylor/hope-for-hohoe-community-in-action-for-self-help-projects
Check out their programs! Community in Action for Self Help Projects
http://casp.bellstrike.com/programs
No comments:
Post a Comment