Oh the weather outside is frightful! It’s starting to get very cold in New York as
we head into the Winter Season. I grew
up in New York, but never seemed to acclimate to the cold harsh winters. The cold harsh winters here are a stark
contrast to the warm summers in Ghana.
Only 5 degrees above the equator the days were warm and sunny and at
night the cool rains would blow in and the frogs would begin singing. During the summer months the weather was very
moderate. While it felt hot to us
travelers, to people we were meeting it was less stifling. As time passed and we headed towards the
rainy season in late August the days became cooler and the nights were marked
by rains and a cool breeze. Periodically
I check the weather in Accra, the capital city to compare it to the crisp winter
air here in New York and I find myself wishing I were still in Ghana!
No comments:
Post a Comment