Two years ago this month I made the decision to travel to Ghana, West Africa for the first time. The trip forever changed the way I view my life and our world. As I look forward to returning to my home in Ghana, West Africa again this summer, this blog will chronicle the joy, excitement, and challenges of working in an orphanage in Ghana, West Africa!
"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard
Friday, April 5, 2013
Returning Home
Life is a journey! It's hard to imagine what life was like for me before my trip to Ghana. I know it sounds so strange to most, but being in Ghana changed me in such a significant way. I had always felt a tug on my arm to travel, but never had I thought I would find a second home. Almost 2 full years ago I traveled to Africa, Ghana, for the first time. Last month, I took a risk and applied for a 6 month position in Ghana. I dove into the idea, excited, happy, elated, nervous if I would be chosen for the position. A month later, I have given notice to my full time job, purchased plane tickets, begun to say my goodbyes to coworkers, and while I'm still a bit nervous about finances (that's just my type A personality for you), I have never been happier. Ghana...my home again! Departure date: May 31, 2013!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment