"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Monday, September 17, 2012

SURVIVAL CHALLENGE - I NEED WATER!

Today was one of the hardest days of exercise I have ever completed.  It's becoming apparent what years of being overweight has done to my body.  My joints are giving way and my muscles are screaming, but I cannot...no, WILL NOT...give up!  Don't give up out there!  I'm standing tall and strong with you!  I realize that it is because I am so heavy at the top of me that the bottom of me feels like it is crushing under my weight, but in reality, it's not.  It hurts, I've screamed, pushed, and pulled through the pain, and ultimately in two days I have completed rounds and rounds of strength training and 5 miles of running.  That brings me to one of the most important points (beyond the lesson of just don't give up everyone), my goal for the week.  I am running for clean water this week!  Did you know...


A MERE 12% OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION USES 85% OF OUR WORLD'S WATER CONSUMPTION.  IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THIS 12% DOES NOT LIVE IN THE GLOBAL SOUTH, FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE THIRD WORLD.

This week I will run 12 miles in order to encourage that 12% to think of ways to share our clean water supplies with the 88% who so direly need it.  Water saves lives!  Will you help us save a life today?

5 MILES COMPLETED, 7 MILES TO GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment