"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

GOAL 1 SURVIVAL CHALLENGE - ACHIEVED!

With my 4 mile run from last night...I have officially hit over 11 miles since Saturday and met my first goal.  It wasn't easy, and especially last night I was in need of some inspiration.  My inspiration for the night was my mother.  She's a strong woman who commands the room, and despite many health challenges over the years, has always had a survival spirit.  Yesterday, I ran for my mother, but I also ran to raise more awareness about childhood mortality.  We MUST act now to offer life to children...did you know...



 
In 2003 over 10.6 million children perished before their 5th birthday. 
 


Let's help save a child! 
 
 
In completing my first running goal and raising awareness
about childhood mortality I also accomplished:
 
-Running 11.2 miles in 4 days
-Burned 1530 calories
 

No comments:

Post a Comment