"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." -Miriam Beard

Sunday, August 28, 2011

What is Next for My Blog

Well, as you can see technology in Ghana got the best of me.  The Internet was fairly unreliable and very slow and the computer that we were working on as interns was often needed for more important work than my blogging.  With all that in mind, I am a bit behind on my blogging.  Here's what I am thinking...every other day I'll post a blog from my journal about what life was like, through my eyes, in Ghana.  On the opposite days I'll post a blog entry or video about my re-acclimation to life here in the United States.  So many travel blogs seem to end when the person arrives back in the comfort of their own home, but it is my estimation that much of the culture shock and readjustment of traveling will be now...during my first few weeks back in New York.  Today is a great day to reflect on this readjustment period.  I am one week into being home and we have experienced an earthquake, a hurricane, the grocery store, driving again for the first time with US driving rules, and the thrill of a local county fair (the most terrifying of which by far was the grocery store oddly enough).  More to come about my trip and about the work that I hope to be doing over the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment